Effective: August 2018
THE NIELSEN COMPANY
Notice - Management of Applicant Data
Please read this Notice carefully. By submitting application information at this website, you consent to Nielsen's collection and use of Applicant Data as described below. Data about you that we receive from you or others in connection with your application is referred to in this Privacy Notice as “Applicant Data.” Applicant Data may include Personal Data, which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
- About The Nielsen Company. Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com. The Human Resources Department may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Controllers. The practices described in this Privacy Notice are undertaken by the Nielsen’s group of companies. As the controller of the Personal Data that you provide or that we process in connection with this site and your application, we are committed to protecting your privacy. A list of Nielsen’s group of companies is available here. If you have any questions about Nielsen as a data controller, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Data collection. Submission of your application and related Applicant Data is entirely voluntary. As part of the application process, Nielsen may collect the following data about you:
As part of your application, we may also ask you to participate in supplemental assessment activities in order for us to further evaluate your qualifications for the role to which you apply. In particular, we have partnered with a third party called Pymetrics to leverage their games-based approach to complement our candidate review and selection process. The information Pymetrics shares with Nielsen is considered Applicant Data and will be treated by Nielsen in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Please also review Pymetrics’ privacy notice to understand their data processing practices. If you have questions about Pymetrics and how that information is used as part of your application, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Data you submit. As part of the application process - either initially or after we have made you an offer of employment - you may submit your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, social security or other national identification number, gender, current occupation, income, details about your education history, and other data included on employment related documents such as your resume or CV.
- Data from third party sources.
- Nielsen may collect certain additional data either directly from you or from third parties (e.g., through background checks, where allowed by local law) if Nielsen is considering your application or extends an offer of employment. In some countries a background check will be requested before an offer is finalized. Your consent will be requested separately for background screening in accordance with applicable law.
- Nielsen may carry out education/degree verification and reference checks, but will only call former employers with your consent. These checks will be strictly limited to educational and professional information.
- Nielsen may also carry out social media checks on profiles that are publicly viewable but only to the extent relevant for the performance of the job for which you are being considered.
- Data collected automatically. We may automatically collect information about your device through your use of our site including Internet Protocol address, browser type, time and date of your visit to the site, and the webpage you visited immediately prior to this site.
- Data collected via Cookies. We may use cookie technology to facilitate your use of our online employment application tools. The cookies on this site are used solely to facilitate your online experience, and are not used to make employment-related decisions. You may choose to modify your Internet browser settings to decline our cookies, but that may hinder or prevent your use of our online employment application tools.
- Use of Applicant Data. Nielsen may use Applicant Data to communicate with you in writing, by telephone or via email to evaluate your application, analyze Nielsen staffing needs and practices, or otherwise efficiently manage the Nielsen hiring process and employee administration. We may combine Applicant Data with research tools and data from other sources as indicated in the “Data Collection” section of this Notice.
- Legal Basis for Processing – EEA Residents. Depending on your jurisdiction, local law may require us to state a legal basis for processing the Personal Data we collect about you in connection with this site. We will process the information you submit as part of your job application based on your consent. By clicking “Accept” and creating an account, you consent to Nielsen processing your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice. We will also process your Personal Data for the purposes outlined above in connection with our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of certain third parties, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we will process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in order to carry out the job application process, as well as the effective and lawful operation of this site. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you, we will do so because either: (a) you have given us your explicit consent to process the information; (b) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (c) you have made the information manifestly public. If you have any questions or concerns about the legal basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Access Personal Data. You may access and correct your Applicant Data at any time by logging into Success Factors and updating it. If you have received a preliminary offer of employment, you can log in to verify your data, consent to a background verification, if applicable, and e-sign a disclosure letter. You may contact Nielsen at any time to request to see the information we hold about you, to request that it be corrected or updated, to request the details of parties to whom it has been made available, or withdraw your consent for us to process your data. Please contact us as described below in the “Contact Us” section or email Nielsen’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Depending on your country of origin, you may have certain additional rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Data, withdraw the consent you have given us to process your Personal Data (where applicable), or have any further questions about how we use your Personal Data collected during the application process, please contact us. If you contact us as described above, we will make reasonable efforts to identify any data relating to you in order to act on your request.
- When we share Applicant Data.
- Within the Nielsen group of companies. To achieve the objectives described above, and because we are part of a larger group of companies operating internationally, we may from time to time make Applicant Data available to other companies within the Nielsen group of companies.
- To Nielsen employees or recruiters. Applicant Data is controlled primarily (but not exclusively) by Nielsen Human Resources Department staff, and may be stored electronically or in hard copy. Other staff involved in hiring or information management also may have access to some or all Applicant Data, including senior management or outside recruiting services providers.
- With Third-Party Service Providers. We will share Applicant Data with third parties that provide services to us, such as (but not limited to) website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure, IT services, customer service, email delivery, and auditing. In particular, this website is hosted by SAP Success Factors. Success Factors is a human resource recruiting software program operated by SAP on Nielsen’s behalf. Applicants can create a profile and submit their resume and application through Success Factors’ software for Nielsen’s review. As a result, SAP Success Factors will process the Applicant Data and other information you provide as part of your application in order to assist Nielsen with the hiring process.
- As required by law or regulatory authorities. We may from time to time make Applicant Data available to legal and regulatory authorities (such as labor and tax authorities), to our accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisers, and to parties providing products or services to us (such as IT systems suppliers, and human resources consultants). We also may disclose Applicant Data to any third party when disclosure is required by law, or as needed to permit us to exercise our legal rights, take action regarding illegal activities, or to protect the safety of any person.
- As part of a merger, sale, or transfer of assets. If all or part of our company is sold, merged, or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer Applicant Data as part of that transaction.
- Retention of Applicant Data. We may store Applicant Data for as long as needed for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice (including for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities within Nielsen). In any event, we will not retain your Applicant Data longer than permitted by local law from the date of collection unless you become employed by Nielsen, in which case a different retention period may apply. Records not specifically designated as Applicant Data may have different retention periods (e.g., email server records of emails received or sent).
- Security of Applicant Data. We have in place reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative security measures that are designed to protect Applicant Data under our control. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet or data storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. If you feel that the security of any data that we hold about you has been compromised, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contact Us" section.
- Cross-Border Transfers. The information you provide or the data we collect via this site may be stored and processed in any country where we, Nielsen’s group of companies, or our service providers operate and/or have facilities. As a result, your Personal Data may be transferred to countries or regions without data protection or privacy laws similar to those in effect in your home country. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data. For further details about these transfers and the safeguards that we use to facilitate such transfers, please contact us.
- Children. This site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect application Personal Data about anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data relating to a child, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
- Updates to this Careers Privacy Notice. This Careers Privacy Notice supersedes and replaces any other statement we may have made to you about Nielsen's collection and use of Applicant Data. We reserve the right to update and make material changes to this Careers Privacy Notice and to our practices in handling Applicant Data to the extent permitted by applicable law. You may view the currently effective version of this Careers Privacy Notice any time online at this site, or you may request a copy by contacting a Human Resources Department representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also send us a letter at the following addresses:
From EU Countries:
ATTN: Legal Dept.
Oxford Business Park South
John Smith Drive
Oxford OX4 2WB
From Other Countries:
Attn: Legal Dept.
85 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004